Graphic Design Course Durban :
Learn graphic design, Web design and Desktop publishing in just 3 months
This course will equip you with exactly what you need to work in the field of graphic design. You will learn the essential theory and practical skills to produce artwork for a variety of applications, from print to web use. You will learn the entire graphic design process, industry standard software, desktop publishing / designing for digital and offset printing and web design using WordPress.
If you intend on working as a freelance designer, or be employed in a design company, you need the essential training this course provides. Learn more below!
GRAPHIC DESIGN COURSE OUTLINE
overview of the course modules
01. GRAPHIC DESIGN THEORYThis module is about understanding design. You will learn how to use colour, form, fonts and composition effectively.
02. THE DESIGN METHODThis module teaches you the entire design process from generating ideas to producing the final design.
03. COMPUTER GRAPHICS THEORYThis module will give you a solid foundation in understanding how digital images are created and displayed.
04. APPLE OPERATING SYSTEMApple hardware is design industry standard. In this module you will learn how to operate the Apple iMac.
05. ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CCLearn how to create and manipulate digital imagery with stunning results in Adobe Photoshop.
06. ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR CCThis module will teach you how to create vector graphics such as logos, signage and other illustrations with Adobe Illustrator.
07. DESIGN FOR PRINTThis module covers the essential topics such as bleeds and spot colours when designing artwork intended for print.
08. ADOBE INDESIGN CCIndesign is a powerful publishing app used to layout multi-page documents such brochures and magazines.
09. WORDPRESS WEB DESIGNThis module covers the essentials of building a website in WordPress. You will be building amazing websites in no time.
10. PORTFOLIO BUILDINGIn this module you will learn how to build an impressive portfolio that will aid you in employment.
Please note that course content are subject to change.
what’s included in the course
Contact lectures led by certified instructors.
Comprehensive course manuals
Skill-building exercise files
Latest versions of the software for practice
Video tutorials for certain modules
Adobe certification of completion
SCHEDULE / PAYMENT
upcoming dates / payment plan
Please note that course dates and prices are subject to change.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
common questions about this course
This course is intended for anyone who is looking for a solid foundation in graphic and web design. It is practical training that will teach you exactly what you need to know to be successful in media and design industry
- Grade 11
- Computer Literacy
- Fluent in English
- Interest in Art and Design
It is strongly advised for you to have a computer to practice on. We supply demo software for you to supplement your learning.
No – it is not a requirement. However drawing is a skill which you can learn, and will help you visualise your designs.
No. We start off with the basics and build up your knowledge and skills from there.
Yes. Every lecture builds on the ones before,and introduces new concepts.
If you are absent due to illness or other serious occurance we will endeavour to catch you up as best we can, and if time permits
Yes, this course has been carefully designed to teach you all the essentials you need to begin working as a design professional. It was developed from our years of working with, and training staff of design companies. This is focused training that will give you practical skills.
Yes, there is a practical test and the end of each module. to pass the course you are required to be deemed Competent for all modules. If you are found Not Yet Competent you have one opportunity to rewrite.
- Adobe Authorised Training Centre
- Official Corel Training Provider
- MictSeta Accredited Company
We are regularly contacted by companies in the industry to provide students who have completed the course. When this happens we recommend our best students. We do not promise placement as it is beyond our control.
QUERY / BOOKING
have a question or want to book ?
a few reviews from previous students
Brittany du Toit
The graphic and web design course was extremely thorough and useful for the real life work place. This course was interesting and fun and I know the knowledge I've gained will last me a life time. The whole experience at Pixel Craft was very professional, the course was well structured and I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to learn graphic and web design.
Having just completed the Graphic and Web Design course at Pixel Craft, I am absolutely thrilled at how amazing this course is. A sincere thanks the awesome lecturers for all that they have taught us. Each module was taught thoroughly and perfectly to us. Would highly recommend training at Pixel Craft to anyone that wants to enter the graphic design world.
A Great experience overall. Study notes given to students are easy to understand, concise and to the point. The Lecturers are very hands on, extremely experienced in ,the design programmes and the design industry. They are always willing to assist with any difficulties students have. I would definitely not hesitate to recommend this institution to anyone.
Training at Pixel Craft is the best decision I have made for a career in Graphic Design. Having had no knowledge in this field before, 12 weeks of high quality tasks and lectures has given me confidence and has helped develop such skill from which I could enjoyably pursue my future as a Graphic Designer. I highly reccomend the graphic design course at Pixel Craft.
We have over a 100 5-star reviews on Google.