Illustrator courses Durban : Learn how use the industry-standard vector graphics application to create logos, icons, sketches, typography and complex illustrations for print, web, interactive, video and mobile. Pixel Craft’s Illustrator courses (Durban) are designed to open the amazing features and effects of Illustrator to you. You will learn how to use illustrator create vector artwork that prints exactly as you see it on screen.
Pixel Craft’s Illustrator Courses Durban are Adobe authorised and certified!
ILLUSTRATOR COURSE OUTLINE
overview of the course topics
01. VECTOR GRAPHICSBefore getting started with Illustrator, we learn all about vector graphics.
02. INTRO TO ILLUSTRATORGet to grips with basics of Illustrator from selecting tools to customising Illustrator for specific uses.
03. DOCUMENTSThe essentials of creating, opening, saving, modifying, orientating and exporting of artboards.
04. NAVIGATIONTo do detailed work you have to get close to the paths and points - this is where zooming in /out and panning is used.
05. LINES & SHAPESIn this topic you will learn how to create and transform basic vector objects.
06. MANAGING OBJECTSIllustrator documents can get complicated with 100s of objects. We learn how to best manage a lot of objects
07. THE PEN TOOLThe Pen-tool is an essential tool for freeform vector graphic creation. In this topic you will get to grips with it.
08. STROKESStrokes are outlines. In this topic we will learn how to apply and modify stroke attributes.
09. FILLSFills are the colour inside the area of an vector. We learn how to apply colour, gradients, patterns and even images as fills
10. BRUSHESGet creative with Illustrator's brush tools to simulate hand-drawn objects, all while retaining control of your objects.
11. TRACINGWe learn how to trace out high quality vector versions of logos and graphics
12. TEXTIn this topic you will learn how to create and modify text to create appealing design work.
13. COMPOUND PATHSIn this topic we learn how to create and modify compound paths - which are advanced vector objects in Illustrator
14. FILTERS AND EFFECTSCreate shadows, blends, masks, stroke and fill effects .with Illustrators in-built effects.
15. OUTPUT FOR WEBLearn how to output files optimally for use on web sites and social media using export functions.
16. OUTPUT FOR PRINTLearn how to create print-ready images and PDF files for digital and offset printing.
Please note that course content are subject to change.
what’s included in the course
Contact lectures led by certified instructors.
Comprehensive course manuals
Skill-building exercise files
Latest versions of the software for practice
Video tutorials for certain modules
Adobe certification of completion
ILLUSTRATOR COURSE SCHEDULE
Provisional dates for our Illustrator courses in Durban
R 4 900
1pm – 4pm
SPECIAL : R 3 490*
5:30 – 7:30pm
R 4 900
9am – 1pm
R 4 900
Please note that course dates and prices are subject to change.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
common questions about this course
Is this course for me ?
If you are interested in learning Illustrator then this will be the course for you. It is suited to beginners and self-thought users. You will learn the basics and advanced functions you need to create vector artwork.
What are the entry requirements ?
- Grade 11
- Computer Literacy
- Fluent in English
- Interest in Art and Design
Do I need a computer at home ?
It is strongly advised for you to have a computer to practice on. We supply demo software for you to supplement your learning.
Do I need to be able to draw?
No – it is not a requirement. However drawing is a skill which you can learn, and will help you visualise your designs.
Do I require prior design experience ?
No. We start off with the basics and build up your knowledge and skills from there.
Am I required to attend all lectures ?
Yes. Every lecture builds on the ones before,and introduces new concepts.
What if i am unavoidably absent ?
If you are absent due to illness or other serious occurance we will endeavour to catch you up as best we can, and if time permits
Is 5-8 session enough ?
Yes, this course has been carefully designed to teach you all the essentials you need to begin working in Photoshop. It was developed from our years of working with, and training staff of design companies. This is focused training that will give you practical skills.
Are there tests or exams ?
If you do Illustrator as part of our Graphic design programme then you will have to write a test. If it is custom training then no test is required.
What are Pixel Craft's accreditations ?
- Adobe Authorised Training Centre
- Official Corel Training Provider
- MictSeta Accredited Company
QUERY / BOOKING
have a question or want to book ?
START LEARNING ILLUSTRATOR NOW
a few videos from our course
We have over a 100 5-star reviews on Google.