06 Saturday Photography Course Durban :
PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE OUTLINE
overview of the course modules
01. INTRODUCTION : Photography Theory and Camera PracticalIn the first session we cover the essential theory of digital photography. You will learn crucial concepts of aperture, shutter, white balance, focus and iso. We then look at these concepts in practice when we explore the camera.
02. FIELD TRIP # 1 : Basics in PracticeNow that you have learned the basics, its time to put it all into practice on the first field trip. Under the guidance of a professional photographer, you will learn how to take a wide variety of photos from landscapes to portraits to close ups.
03. FIELD TRIP # 2 : Beyond the basicsOn this field trip the instructor will work with you to address your problem areas. Further to taking technically correct photos,you will also incorporate creative aspects of photography. You will shoot images for your assessment.
04. POST- PROCESSING # 1: LightroomIn this session you will be introduced to Adobe Lightroom- the standard for post-processing of digital photos. You will learn how to adjust compositions, white balance, exposure, and a host of other issues that may have occured during the shoot.
05. POST- PROCESSING # 2: LightroomWe push your Lightroom skills further with retouching and colour correction of images
06. POST- PROCESSING # 3: LightroomWith the guidance of the instructor you will post-process the images you had shot for your assessment.
Please note that course content are subject to change.
what’s included in the course
Contact lectures led by certified instructors.
Comprehensive course manuals
Skill-building exercise files
Latest versions of the software for practice
Adobe certification of completion
SCHEDULE / PAYMENT
upcoming dates / payment plan
* PRICE VALID UNTIL : 30 December 2019. R6500 thereafter.
Please note that course dates, course content and prices are subject to change without notice.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
common questions about this course
This part time course is intended for anyone who is looking for a solid foundation in photography. This practical training will teach you how to use your camera and Lightroom to take stunning photos.
- Grade 10
- Computer Literacy
- Fluent in English
- Interest in Photography
It is strongly advised for you to have a computer to practice on. We supply demo software for you to supplement your learning.
It is advised to bring your own camera along. If you don’t have a camera yet be sure to purchase one that you can change lenses on. We recommend a Canon 4000D.
No. We start off with the basics and build up your knowledge and skills from there.
Yes. Every lecture builds on the ones before,and introduces new concepts.
If you are absent due to illness or other serious occurance we will endeavour to catch you up as best we can, and if time permits
Yes, this course has been carefully designed to teach you all the essentials you need to begin working as a design professional. It was developed from our years of working with, and training staff of design companies. This is focused training that will give you practical skills.
- Adobe Authorised Training Centre
- Official Corel Training Provider
- MictSeta Accredited Company
QUERY / BOOKING
have a question or want to book ?
a few reviews from previous students
Brittany du Toit
The graphic and web design course was extremely thorough and useful for the real life work place. This course was interesting and fun and I know the knowledge I've gained will last me a life time. The whole experience at Pixel Craft was very professional, the course was well structured and I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to learn graphic and web design.
Having just completed the Graphic and Web Design course at Pixel Craft, I am absolutely thrilled at how amazing this course is. A sincere thanks the awesome lecturers for all that they have taught us. Each module was taught thoroughly and perfectly to us. Would highly recommend training at Pixel Craft to anyone that wants to enter the graphic design world.
A Great experience overall. Study notes given to students are easy to understand, concise and to the point. The Lecturers are very hands on, extremely experienced in ,the design programmes and the design industry. They are always willing to assist with any difficulties students have. I would definitely not hesitate to recommend this institution to anyone.
Training at Pixel Craft is the best decision I have made for a career in Graphic Design. Having had no knowledge in this field before, 12 weeks of high quality tasks and lectures has given me confidence and has helped develop such skill from which I could enjoyably pursue my future as a Graphic Designer. I highly reccomend the graphic design course at Pixel Craft.
We have over a 100 5-star reviews on Google.