Photoshop Courses Durban :Learn how to harness the power of Adobe Photoshop to create stunning artwork, retouch photographs, design graphics for websites and so much more! This course will take you from beginner to advanced level. You will learn the best practices such as working non-destructively, appropriate resolutions and colour modes. By the end of the course you will be able to create and manipulate pixel based images for graphic design. You will also learn how to retouch and edit photos for a variety of uses from print to web. Photoshop training is available on : mornings, afternoons, evenings and on Saturdays
Pixel Craft’s Photoshop Courses Durban are Adobe authorised and certified!
PHOTOSHOP COURSE OUTLINE
overview of the course topics
01. DIGITAL IMAGE THEORYLearn all about pixels, resolution, colour modes and other key concepts of digital images.
02. INTRO TO PHOTOSHOPGet to grips with basics of photoshop, from selecting tools to customising Photoshop for specific uses.
03. DOCUMENTSThe essentials of creating, opening, saving, modifying, orientating and exporting of documents.
04. NAVIGATIONTo do detailed work you have to get close to the pixels - this is where zooming in /out and panning is used.
05. INTRO TO LAYERSLayers are the building blocks of any photoshop document. As such knowing how to work with them is essential.
06. TRANSFORMING LAYERSTransforming layers means manipulating them into any size, shape and colour we desire.
07. WORKING WITH TEXTIn this topic we learn how to create and format text to ensure that we get the correct message across.
08. MASKINGMasking allows us to hide and show pixels of a layer, as well as seamlessly blend layers together.
09. CREATING SELECTIONSThis topic deals with selections which allow us to isolate areas of the image we want to work on.
10. THE PEN TOOLThe Pen-Tool is the most important tool in design software. This topic helps you master it!
11. ADVANCED SELECTIONSWe take your knowledge of selections further by learning how to select hair, fur, grass and so on.
12. INTRO TO RETOUCHINGLearn how to paint out problem areas of an image with Photoshop's retouching and adjustment tools.
13. PORTRAIT RETOUCHINGWe learn advanced retouching techniques to make skin, eyes, teeth and hair perfect.
14. FILTERS AND EFFECTSThis is what Photoshop is famous for! We will learn how to best use the myriad of filters and effects.
15. OUTPUT FOR WEBLearn how to output files optimally for use on web sites and social media using Photoshop's export functions,
16. OUTPUT FOR PRINTLearn how to create print-ready images and PDF files for digital and offset printing.
Please note that course content are subject to change.
PHOTOSHOP COURSE MATERIALS
what’s included in the course
Contact lectures led by certified instructors.
Comprehensive course manuals
Skill-building exercise files
Latest versions of the software for practice
Video tutorials for certain modules
Adobe certification of completion
PHOTOSHOP COURSE SCHEDULE
Provisional dates for our photoshop courses in Durban
R 4 900
1 ON 1 / CUSTOM
1pm – 4pm
5:30 – 7:30pm
R 4 900
9am – 1pm
R 4 900
Please note that course dates and prices are subject to change.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
common questions about this course
If you are interested in learning Photoshop then this will be the course for you. It is suited to beginners and self-thought users.
- Grade 11
- Computer Literacy
- Fluent in English
- Interest in Art and Design
It is strongly advised for you to have a computer to practice on. We supply demo software for you to supplement your learning.
No – it is not a requirement. However drawing is a skill which you can learn, and will help you visualise your designs.
No. We start off with the basics and build up your knowledge and skills from there.
Yes. Every lecture builds on the ones before,and introduces new concepts.
If you are absent due to illness or other serious occurance we will endeavour to catch you up as best we can, and if time permits
Yes, this course has been carefully designed to teach you all the essentials you need to begin working in Photoshop. It was developed from our years of working with, and training staff of design companies. This is focused training that will give you practical skills.
If you do Photoshop as part of our Graphic design programme then you will have to write a test. If it is cusotm training then no test is required.
- Adobe Authorised Training Centre
- Official Corel Training Provider
- MictSeta Accredited Company
QUERY / BOOKING
have a question or want to book ?
START LEARNING PHOTOSHOP NOW
a few videos from our course
We have over a 100 5-star reviews on Google.