Video Production Course Durban : This course is the practical fast-track to video production that you have been looking for. It covers the major aspects, and quickly equips you with camera work, lighting, audio and video editing. You will learn from video production experts who have years of experience in creating video for broadcast, corporate, training and social media.
If you are planning to vlog, create videos for companies, capture events or make your own movie, this course is the first practical step.
VIDEO PRODUCTION COURSE OUTLINE
overview of the course modules
01. INTRO TO VIDEOAn overview of the video production process - from pre-production to production to post production and delivery.
02. PRE-PRODUCTIONLearn how to breakdown the script, conztruct a shot list, plan and coordinate a successful shoot.
03. DIGITAL VIDEOBefore you begin shooting you need to have an understanding of such terms such a compression, bitrate, codecs etc. as these are the setting you will use.
04. CAMERA WORKThe basics of camera operation: You will learn how to set up the camera with the correct settings for the scene you are capturing.
05. CAMERA GEARLearn about the different camera mounts, gimbals, monitors, apps and cards that assist the cameraman in getting the shot.
06. LIGHTINGLighting is an essential component of video. We explore white balance, colour temperature and different types of lighting gear.
07. AUDIONothing lets a production down like bad sound. In this topic we learn how to capture sound effectively at the right levels, with the right equipment.
08. MANAGING DIGTAL ASSETSIn this topic we tackle the management and organisation of digital assets ( footage, sound and graphics ) to ensure trouble free editing
09. INTRO TO EDITINGEditing is the assembly of video, audio and graphics to tell a story. We explore the art and craft of editing.
10. ADOBE PREMIERE PROWe get to grips with Adobe Premiere Pro, We learn how to set up edit sequences with cuts and transitions, import assets and editing basics
11. ADVANCED EDITINGWe take our editing skills further by learning how to colour grade footage and how to sweeten sound.
12. DELIVERYWe adjust our colours and audio levels to broadcast standards. We then export our video for broadcast, dvd and social media.
Please note that course content are subject to change.
what’s included in the course
Contact lectures led by certified instructors.
Comprehensive course manuals
Skill-building exercise files
Latest versions of the software for practice
Video tutorials for certain modules
Adobe certification of completion
SCHEDULE / PAYMENT
upcoming dates / payment plan
Please note that course dates and prices are subject to change.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
common questions about this course
Is this course for me ?
This course is intended for anyone who is looking for a a solid foundation in video production and editing. It is practical training that will teach you exactly what you need to know to be successful in media and design industry
What are the entry requirements ?
- Grade 11
- Computer Literacy
- Fluent in English
- Interest in video and film
Do I need a computer at home ?
It is strongly advised for you to have a computer to practice on. We supply demo software for you to supplement your learning.
Do I need camera equipment ?
No, not yet anyway. We demonstrate on our equipment for the course.
Do I require prior video experience ?
No. We start off with the basics and build up your knowledge and skills from there.
Am I required to attend all lectures ?
Yes. Every lecture builds on the ones before,and introduces new concepts.
What if i am unavoidably absent ?
If you are absent due to illness or other serious occurance we will endeavour to catch you up as best we can, and if time permits
Is 1 month enough time ?
Yes, this course has been carefully designed to teach you all the essentials you need to begin working as a design professional. It was developed from our years of working with, and training staff of producton companies. This is focused training that will give you practical skills.
Are there tests or exams ?
Yes, there is a practical test and the end of each module. to pass the course you are required to be deemed Competent for all modules. If you are found Not Yet Competent you have one opportunity to rewrite.
What are Pixel Craft's accreditations ?
- Adobe Authorised Training Centre
- Official Corel Training Provider
- MictSeta Accredited Company
Will you assist me in finding a job ?
We are regularly contacted by companies in the industry to provide students who have completed the course. When this happens we recommend our best students. We do not promise placement as it is beyond our control.
QUERY / BOOKING
have a question or want to book ?
a few reviews from previous students
Brittany du Toit
The graphic and web design course was extremely thorough and useful for the real life work place. This course was interesting and fun and I know the knowledge I've gained will last me a life time. The whole experience at Pixel Craft was very professional, the course was well structured and I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to learn graphic and web design.
Having just completed the Graphic and Web Design course at Pixel Craft, I am absolutely thrilled at how amazing this course is. A sincere thanks the awesome lecturers for all that they have taught us. Each module was taught thoroughly and perfectly to us. Would highly recommend training at Pixel Craft to anyone that wants to enter the graphic design world.
A Great experience overall. Study notes given to students are easy to understand, concise and to the point. The Lecturers are very hands on, extremely experienced in ,the design programmes and the design industry. They are always willing to assist with any difficulties students have. I would definitely not hesitate to recommend this institution to anyone.
Training at Pixel Craft is the best decision I have made for a career in Graphic Design. Having had no knowledge in this field before, 12 weeks of high quality tasks and lectures has given me confidence and has helped develop such skill from which I could enjoyably pursue my future as a Graphic Designer. I highly reccomend the graphic design course at Pixel Craft.
We have over a 100 5-star reviews on Google.